Coronoavirus – Covid 19 – update.
Regarding the announcement by the British Government on 23rd March 2020 –
All tours will be postponed until at least 30th April 2020, this is something that we hoped could be avoided. However, the health and safety of our staff and customers from around the world is of paramount importance as we play our part in the national and international effort in combating Covid 19.
All customers affected by this decision will be contacted to rearrange their tours to go ahead in the summer months or at a mutually suitable time.
We look forward to seeing you later this year. Stay safe, stay home!
As you will all be aware, the date for the UK’s departure from the European Union is fast approaching.
With this in mind, here is some information for travellers visiting the UK from the continent.
- EU citizens will still be able to visit the UK after the EU Exit and will be warmly welcomed.
- Flights will continue to operate
- The documents EU nationals visiting the UK need to show at UK ports and airports will not change, a visa will not be required for leisure and business visits and you will be able to travel with ID cards until 2021 and use e-gates when travelling on a biometric passport for quick and easy entry to the UK.
- The UK Government has published guidance for EU nationals visiting the UK after Brexit – The guidance also covers driving, travelling with pets and using your mobile phone in the UK etc. Please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visiting-the-uk-after-brexit for the latest official information.
- More than two-thirds of the UK’s inbound tourism visits come from Europe (about 27 million visits annually). Europe has been and always will be an incredibly important market and tourism has a crucial role in offering a warm welcome to the many millions of European visitors who travel to Britain each year.
- VisitBritain is working to inform visitors about the practicalities and encourage visits post Brexit – and to reassure visitors that the UK’s warm welcome remains the same as do its breath-taking landscapes, world-famous culture, rich heritage and vibrant cities and that it is always a great time to visit Britain. Please check out their website for more information and advice.
- Please ensure you check regulations in your home country too before travelling to the UK this summer
Once here you must declare to customs:
- anything over your duty free allowance
- any banned or restricted goods in the UK, for example meat and dairy products from most non-EU countries
- goods that you plan to sell
- more than €10,000 (or its equivalent) in cash, if you’re coming from outside the EU
Please note – you and your baggage may be checked for anything you must declare.
Also – there may be longer queues than previously at passport control after the EU Exit, so please bear this in mind.
Plans for travellers have yet to be confirmed, but after 31st January, the UK will enter into a transition period, when many finer details will be established.
We look forward to welcoming you to the UK, to your tours and meeting all you fabulous, interesting and well travelled folk in 2020!
Now that our travel season is almost over, we look forward to the next season on the calendar…yes, Christmas! Yikes!
If you’d like to present your loved one with a different gift this festive season, we have gift certificates available for all of our tours.
So, if your beloved is obsessed with Downton Abbey, wants to follow in Darcy’s footsteps, or would love to visit Poldark’s home, then get in touch. We’d love to help you with the ultimate gift for the period drama fiend in your family!
Here at Classic British Drama Tours, 2019 is slowly winding down after a hectic but ultimately fabulous year.
We’d like to thank all of you who have enjoyed a tour with us this year. It has been a blast meeting you all, hearing your wonderful tales of travel and your various experiences of the many different countries you’ve visited previously.
We hope that we have made some great memories for you to pass on to your friends and family.
We hope that we may meet you again one day soon.
Once again thank you for your support and business in 2019!
You are a delight!
We loved ‘talking’ Pride And Prejudice as well as ‘seeing’.
Thank you for giving us the BEST of times and tours!!
S&D R – USA
When my mom said that her dream vacation was to do the Pride and Prejudice tour in England, I was reluctant to say the least. First, I was not a Pride and Prejudice fan and the other was that I was not a fan of tours at all (I can go on an on about my horrible experiences for a while). But Debi really changed my mind about both topics.
Debi is just an amazing and charismatic person that brought her passion to life making me really enjoy and appreciate the book and time period. I really enjoyed the way she carried her group around the historic locations and let us relax in the morning and evening. Total bonus was staying at Mr. Collin’s place. The place was beautiful and I had to opportunity to take a run around the village before sunset, so cool!
100% recommend taking this tour and it was a great mother-daughters trip as well!
My one tip is to buy the train ticket well before, the prices go up drastically if you buy day of.
Newman Family – USA
The cast of the new film ‘Emma’ have just finished filming some scenes in the Cotswolds, which is very beautiful and when the locations are released, will be added to our tour options, so watch this space…
Again thanks to Willow And Thatch for the link and info about the upcoming movie (release date tbc)
Another Andrew Davies adaptation is due to be aired very soon on ITV in the UK – we can’t wait!
Could this be the next tour we deliver??
We hope so, waiting for location confirmations.
Thanks to Willow And Thatch for the link –